On 20th July 2021, gate.io was the 9th exchange to list Proton XPR. Ranking 5th place in top spot exchanges is a big milestone for Proton. And since gate.io is on mainnet this means you can transfer XPR between Proton Wallet and gate.io instantly and with NO fees!
Don't rush, double-check and always send a small amount first. There is no fee to send XPR to gate.io!
Below you can find a detailed guide on how to do that but I want to highlight a few things first:
- Moving XPR from Webauth.com wallet to gate.io requires that you Send XPR to gatedeposit account and use your memo! The memo is required so that gate.io knows to which account to deposit Proton XPR.
- Moving from gate.io to Webauth.com wallet, you only need to use your Proton Wallet username, memo is not required since your account is unique on the Proton chain.
- Should you make a mistake and forget the memo or put the wrong one, you need to raise a ticket with gate.io support.
- If funds don't arrive within a few minutes in gate.io once you send them from Proton Wallet please raise a ticket.
Sending XPR from Webauth.com wallet to gate.io
Make sure you use Send as sending to another user on-chain and don't use Withdraw. The account you need to send XPR to is "gatedeposit" but for XPR to arrive in your gate.io account you need to put a memo! Here's how to do it:
- Go to your gate.io account, go to Wallet at the top of the page and then Deposit, search for XPR in the search box, once you click on Proton XPR you will see a page like this, that has the account name and transaction memo that you need to use for the transfer:
2. Next go to Webauth.com wallet, under Assets click on Proton, then click on Send and use the above account name and unique memo number:
Please double-check that you picked up the correct account (gatedeposit), it will come up with a checkmark when you search for it to show that it's a verified account as you can see below. Hit Send, approve the transaction and that's it!
3. Within a minute or so your XPR coins will arrive in your gate.io account. If XPR doesn't arrive within a few minutes raise a ticket with the support:
You sent XPR from Webauth.com Wallet to gate.io which only took a minute with no fees and no impact on the environment. As simple as that!
Sending XPR from gate.io to Proton Wallet
Sending XPR from gate.io to Proton Wallet is easier as you only need to use your username, there's no need to put a memo. On gate.io withdrawal address you put your Webauth.com wallet username, don't put at (@) sign and make sure it's all lowercase.
To do this, go to your gate.io account, go to Wallet, then Spot Account, find XPR and click Withdraw and then all you need to do is put your username and the amount you want to withdraw. The XPR address is your Webauth.com wallet username, click No tag as a tag (memo) is not required when you send it to Webauth.com wallet. Now, on-chain transfers are free but sometimes exchanges set a small fee to support the infrastructure and staff. At the time of writing this post, the withdrawal fee at gate.io is 510 XPR and this gets updated hourly, compared to 1XPR at KuCoin:
Once you confirm the withdrawal, XPR will be deposited within a minute to your Webauth.com wallet account. I've set the amount to 130 XPR, the fee was 80 XPR and respectively I received 50 XPR:
Please reach out for help to the Proton telegram group OR Reddit if you are in doubt, both communities there are amazing.